Let’s take a look at another great institution dedicated to the rich heritage of American Music: the Texas Music Hall of Fame. The following video features Kyle Park in “Yours and Mine”:
Texas Music is as broad, deep and diverse as the geography and people of the state itself. Texas music has left an indelible fingerprint at each and every stop along the musical spectrum. Whether that stop is country, jazz, hip-hop, psychedelic, blues, gospel, conjunto, rock or any other musical style, Texans are often at the forefront of influencing or defining that particular style. Yet Texas music also has blended many of those styles into a special and unique sound which can only be identified as “Texas Music”.
Texas Music Hall of Fame is recognizing and honoring performers, producers, songwriters and other music business professionals who have made a significant contribution to Texas music or otherwise left behind a musical legacy. Through its various programs and projects, the TMHOF seeks to educate the public about the achievements of such individuals, just like Georgia Hall of Fame’s most famous inductees are still doing today.
Texas music parallels the rich blending of ethnic cultures that have occurred throughout the history of the Lone Star State. Whether it’s blues, gospel, jazz, R&B, honky-tonk, western swing, classical, rock & roll, rap, hip-hop, or otherwise, Texas music represents the unique cultural heritage of this state. Texas Music Hall of Fame seeks to honor and celebrate the men and women who have helped make Texas music so unique and so well loved throughout the world. This is our mission for the amazing artists and inspirational music enthusiasts who have made Texas music great.
Texas Music Hall of Fame is planning a wide array of activities associated with Texas music. It’s like Robert Gupta said in a TED Talk meeting: it’s like between music and medicine. Some of these projects will be developed in the short-term, while others will take longer. Watch for exact dates as these activities take shape down the line. Click Projects for general details about TMHOF future projects.
TEXAS MUSIC HALL OF FAME PROJECTS
The Texas Music Hall of Fame expects to develop and implement a number of diverse projects in furtherance of its mission. Some of these projects will come about immediately and others are part of the overall long-range plans of the organization. Some of our short- and long-term projects are listed below. Check back often as we will be updating regularly with new developments.
- Texas Music Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- The induction ceremony will be held annually.
- Naturally, the event will include musical performances by guests from all over the Texas music map.
- Virtual Texas Music Hall of Fame Museum
- Through our website, anyone in any place will be able to access unique content about the Texas Music Hall of Fame members and many other aspects of Texas music.
- We will constantly be building and adding new content. For starters, we hope you will enjoy our Texas Music Icons Video Series.
- Educational Projects
- We will develop special programs, panels, and seminars devoted to key aspects of Texas music and those who create and support it.
- We will offer these programs, where possible, in conjunction with other organizations and present the programs throughout the state, like in Georgia.
- We especially want to work with public and private educational institutions to help create content about Texas music geared toward young students.
- Texas Music Hall of Fame Concert Series
- We expect to create a live concert series and tours which will be presented throughout the state and beyond like the Georgia Music Trial.
- The concert series may include Texas Music Hall of Fame inductees as well as developing Texas artists and future Hall of Famers
- Talent ‘N’ Texas™
- We will conduct a series of regional competitions throughout the state and a final event, all with celebrity judges.
- The overall winner will perform at the next Texas Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
- Student Essay Competition
- We want to encourage scholarly research into Texas music and history.
- To support that effort, we will conduct high school and college level essay competitions with winners awarded scholarship funds.
- The winning essays will be available on this website.
Who could possibly know more about Texas music than Texas artists? Wouldn’t it be fun to unlock their vault of musical treasures and find out what Texas music tracks are the most special to them? Well, Top Texas Tracks gives us the key to that vault by providing us the opportunity to see what Texas artists from all across the musical landscape list as their favorite Texas tracks. For information on the history of Music Bank, that also played a crucial role in former days when it comes to music distribution, check out this post.
Go visit the Texas Music Hall of Fame and you might discover a hidden Texas gem or be reminded of an old classic. With Top Texas Tracks, you can dig even deeper. You also have the opportunity to learn something about the artist who thrilled you so in earlier days. Remember to come back often and check for new artist and music listings. We hope you find the Texas Music Hall of Fame as fun and enlightening as we do!